Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 9: I can't get no SATISFACTION


The Secret of Being CONTENT

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. 
- Philippians 4: 11-13

Am I contented? I can not honestly say that "YES, I've reached the point of CONTENTMENT and SATISFACTION that I could not ask for anything more." I am still in the flesh and yes, I am still battling this human and carnal experience of  well, being a human. We, as humans, will never be contented in what we have. We will always ask for more, we will always want more, we will always strive for more. That's a fact and a sad reality. We are never contented with what we have even if we have so much already. There is no satisfaction in our lives.

Writing about CONTENTMENT is a challenge for me because I know for a fact that I am not yet contented in what I have may it be materially, physically, or even spiritually. There are still a lot of things that I want to do for myself, there are still a lot of things that I want to do for my family, there are still a lot of things that I want to give and do for GOD. I want to do all these things but I always don't have enough. I always want more but I still can't get it. That's discontentment. And I'm guilty of it. 

We are in a world of modernization were everything around us is changing every single day. Ang daming bagong labas na gadgets, ang daming nauusong fashion, ang daming bagong gamit. TECHNOLOGY, it's never ending. Let's say, bumili ako ng Iphone 3G ngayon, after 2 to 3 months, andyan na at lumabas na ang Iphone 4. Pagkabili ko ng Iphone 4, may bagong labas nanaman ng Iphone 4s. Kung ikaw ang buyer, maiinis ka kasi pabago-bago ng model, pamahal ng pamahal ang presyo at nahihirapan kang mag-cope sa trend ng technology. This is the sad reality that everyone of us faces everyday. 

Now, how can we actually reach the point of contentment? If we will read this verse in Philippians, it is actually very simple. Living and dying JOYFULLY in Christ Jesus is the secret of being content. That whatever the circumstances may be, we can still PRAISE GOD, we can still THANK HIM, and we can still SHOW LOVE towards others - that's SPIRITUAL CONTENTMENT. 

In this life, we will always have our UPS and DOWNS. As they say, LIFE is a one big roller coaster ride, sometimes your UP and sometimes your DOWN. But what Paul is trying to say in Philippians is that in times that we experience TRIUMPHS and BLESSINGS, Praise GOD. In times of DEFEAT and TRIALS, still praise GOD. That's the secret of being content, that we are happy with whatever that's happening around us simply because our life is solely dedicated to Christ. That we are in a situation wherein we want to live fully for Christ. That we are pressing towards that GOAL, and that GOAL is to live eternally with CHRIST. 

Ang sarap siguro ng pakiramdam na masasabi natin sa ating mga sarili na "masaya na ako" simply because I have GOD in my life. He is more than enough. It is written, Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all this things will be added unto you as well (Matthew 6:33). If we seek GOD and if we surrender all to God right now, I know and I believe that GOD will do miracles in our lives. We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. So never ever give up even when you are in a very low point in your life, always remember that someone greater than us is willing to carry us and listen to us. Truly how great our GOD is. I will never stop praising His name because He is truly an awesome, awesome GOD. 

Again, I can not fully say that I've reached this point of contentment, but I am striving and I am learning in the process. I believe and I pray that one day I can truly and earnestly say that I am happy with what I have simply because I have GOD in my life. That no material thing can ever surpass this HAPPINESS and JOY in the presence of our LORD. I pray right now that whoever will read my blog will also dig down deep within your souls... Let us check ourselves, how far did we allow GOD to move in our lives? How much do we need in order for us to truly say, "Yes I am Satisfied"? We will always be tempted, the devil will never stop... But if we have Christ in our hearts, we are more than conquerors. We will OVERCOME. :) 

Those who face that which is actually before them, 
unburdened by the past, undistracted by the future,
these are they who live, who make the best use of their lives;
these are those who have found the secret of CONTENTMENT. 
- Alban Goodler 


P.S. I will be sharing another preaching of Pastor Bong Saquing of CCF and he shared about CONTENTMENT. He will explain further on how we can reach this point of satisfaction in our lives, that all we need is CHRIST and CHRIST alone. I hope you learn something from him as I learn from his preachings. I praise and thank GOD for the lives of our preachers, truly they are used mightily by GOD as a channel of blessing and inspiration for all of us. Never stop learning, for in the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. :) 

Enjoy watching, be BLESSED and be a BLESSING! 




Thanks for reading! :) 3000 views :")

No comments:

Post a Comment