Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 4: Endless love

30 Years of a Successful Marriage 

Love is patient,

love is kind, 
it is not jealous,
love does not boast, 
it is not inflated.
It is not discourteous, 

it is not selfish, 
it is not irritable, 
it does not enumerate the evil.
It does not rejoice over the wrong, but rejoices in the truth  
It covers all things, 

it has faith for all things, 
it hopes in all things, 
it endures in all things.
Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8


I have always been in awe with my parents' marriage. They are inseparable; like Sponge bob and Patrick, Batman and Robin, and Peter Pan and Wendy. They are definitely a match made in heaven. They are made for each other. They are the exact opposite but they certainly attract each other. And they are each other's better half... They are Soul mates. 

At Leslie's Alabnag, dinner before leaving for Jeddah. :)
For 30 long years, they were able to withstand countless and numerous trials and hardships and still, they are getting stronger and stronger as the years pass by. That's definitely what TRUE love can do. It will defy the odds and it will persevere amidst problems. It's the kind of love that's worth fighting for. It's the kind of love that no man can ever separate because their love for each other came from God and He is in the center of their relationship.

I could not thank them enough for the love, care and support that they've given me and my siblings. They are always there for us, no matter the circumstances are, definitely, we can count on them anytime.

Now, this blog will be extra special for me since I will be writing about the two most important persons in my life. They are my life savers. Sila ang mga taong nagpalaki sa akin (kahit di ako masyadong lumaki hahaha!), sila ang gumabay sa amin ng mga kapatid ko para marating namin kung ano ang narating namin ngayon sa kasalukuyan. We may not understand each other at all times, but because their love for us is unconditional, they still accept us and our faults with open arms.

I want you to get to know them a little bit so here's the 5 things you should know about my Mom and Dad. If you don't know them yet personally, they are definitely the best parents anyone could ever have... and I am blessed. God blessed me with a wonderful family na hindi kayang palitan ng kahit na anong materyal na bagay. :)

5 Things you should know about my DAD 



1. He is very SWEET and FUNNY. Umabot na ko ng 23 years old, pero kaya ko paring yakapan at lambingin si Daddy sa public. He is a very huggable person and you can say what you want to say to him.. Hindi ka mahihiya na mag-i love you sa kanya because he will make you feel he loves you just as well. :) Kahit nga ang baby boy namin na si Hatchi ay love na love siya, sobrang sweet sakanya kasi nga naman, talagang lovable si Dad. He is also very funny, he is really good in cracking up jokes (sa kanya ko ata namana un haha!). Usually, if we have nothing to do, magtatawanan lang kami sa bahay at magbibiruan. Laughter is definitely the best medicine especially when your doing it with the ones you truly love. :)  I miss you dad, yung mga heart-to-heart talks natin, yung mga joke time natin, at higit sa lahat, yung mga times na pwede lang kita yakapin pag nalulungkot ako.. and all I need is just someone I could cry to. 

2. He is a COFFEE drinker. Like father, like daughter. Hahaha! At hindi lang basta coffee ha, mahilig din sa Starbucks ang dad ko. His favorite drink si Starbucks' Mocha Frappuccino, everytime na uuwi ako ng late sa gabi, kailangang may bitbit ako na Starbucks para hindi uminit ang ulo niya. hahaha! Mahilig kaming tumambay sa Starbucks para uminom ng kape at magkwentuhan lang at magbonding. That's one more thing that I miss right now. 

3. He is very THRIFTY. Yes, I'm proud to say that my dad's so good in handling finances. haha! Being the only man in the house, he has no choice but to be thrifty. Kasi kung hindi, ubos lagi dahil sa gastos namin! hahaha! He knows very well how to handle our finances together with my mom of course but he always finds ways to make sure everything will be paid on time. If I will be married one day, I would want my future husband to be just be like my dad, oo pagbibigyan ka nya sa mga gusto mo but he knows when to stop and when to say NO. So if it's not necessary, he will tell it straight to you: "We don't need it."

4. He is the MAN of the house. He knows everything. You can discuss anything with him and he will listen. He won't judge you for what you did, he will simply listen and he will tell you what's on his mind, no pretensions just the facts and the truth. Hindi mahirap kausap si Daddy dahil napaka-lawak ng kanyang pag-iisip. Pero hindi mo rin siya gustong galitin dahil hindi siya madalas nagagalit, kaya pag nagalit siya... be prepared. hahaha! He is very understanding and he will definitely fight for you if alam niyang nasa tama ka. Hindi niya hahayaan na may maagrabyado sa amin, sa kahit na sino sa amin, a proof that he is definitely the MAN of the house. :)

5. He loves GOD and GOD loves him too. Even before we became Christians, my dad and my mom always instilled with us good moral values. We always pray together as one family and we always make sure that we go to church on Sundays. I know my dad always has this strong faith with our God because everytime we experience trials, lagi nyang sasabihin, "Just believe, anak and pray." He is definitely a blessing to all of us not only physically, financially, emotionally, but also spiritually. He always reminds us to never stop believing in God and just focus on our faith. God will never leave us nor forsake us. :)

5 Things you should know about my MOM 



1. She is very GENEROUS. She is the most giving person I've ever known. Hindi madamot, if kaya niyang ibigay, ibibigay nya even without anything in return. Madalas, kahit wala siya, basta kami mayroon... masaya na siya. And that's what I love about her, talagang ramdam na ramdam mo ang pagmamahal ng isang tunay na ina kapag nakikita mo sakanya na masaya na siya basta masaya ang mga taong mahal niya.

2. She is a very POSITIVE person. One thing that I admire about my mom is her outlook in life. Lagi siyang positive, she always believes that everything has its own reasons but God always has a purpose. Hindi mo maririnig sa kanya na nanghihina siya when it comes to her faith and that's why I believe that God continues to bless her continually even after she got sick and all. Talagang sa kanya ko nakita na, whatever happens, GOD is on our side. She will never give up her faith. She always holds on to GOD's promises and because of that, lahat kami sa family mas nagiging stronger and mas nag-hohold on kami sa isa't isa because our mom never gives up... so we shouldn't as well. :)

3. "Mommy ng lahat". I am blessed because I still have my mom by my side. Ang sarap ng pakiramdam na maraming nakaka-appreciate kay mommy as a mom. She is definitely the best mom anyone could ever have, she knows what we need and she always wants what's best for us. My parents both strived hard to work for our future, and nakita ko ang dedication nila para lang mapag-tapos kami sa mgagandang schools at magkaroon kami ng mas maganda pang future. But she's not only a good mom to us, her biological kids, she is definitely a mom for everyone. Especially, here in Jeddah, she really treats everyone as her own children. You can really feel the "mother's love" kasi kahit hindi niya kadugo, talagang genuine yung pagmamahal at pag-aaruga na binibigay niya. And I am proud to have her as my mom, she is definitely one-of-a-kind. Love you ma! Thank you for always being there for us, especially for me... I really, really appreciate it.

4. She loves shopping. Hahaha! Who doesn't love shopping? Another trait that I got from my parents, I love to shop as well. Eto ang bonding time namin ni mommy, hindi mahalaga kung anong klaseng shopping yan, basta we love to go out and shop. Not necessarily, expensive stuffs, kahit nga sa mga ukay-ukay nagkakasundo kami hahaha! Pero lumalabas parin ang mother's instinct pag si mommy na ang nag-shoshopping, kasi usually ang pinapamili nya hindi para sa kanya.. It's always, always for us. Lagi niya kaming naaalala pag namimili siya at lagi niyang sinisiguro that we have everything that we need. She always takes care of all the necessities na minsan na-neneglect namin. She is truly the LIGHT of our home, kasi pag nasa bahay si mommy alam mong andoon ung maternal care. Wala paring tatalo sa pag-aalaga ng isang ina. The best parin :)

5. She has a faith that can move mountains. This is more than enough. She believed she will be healed, and she was healed. She believed that God will bless us with a good business, and we were blessed with L.A. Glaze. She believed that I will be able to find a job here in Jeddah, and now everything is happening according to God's plan. Hindi mo matitinag si mommy, she will and always will serve the Lord. May it be in the midst of triumphs or hardships. I thank God for their lives, they are not only a blessing sa aming mga anak nila, but they are a blessing to everyone.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

Love may be a strong ingredient in a successful marriage, but it takes more than love. 

TRUE! I've seen this with my parents' relationship that it takes more than LOVE to have a successful marriage. It takes trust, forgiveness, acceptance, humility, and most of all communication. My parents are physically away from each other for the longest time but their love did not stop there. Constant communication and TRUST is the foundation of their relationship with GOD as their guide and us as their witness. 

I may never surpass this kind of relationship that my parents have, but one day... I still desire to find someone like my dad, someone who will fight for me in whatever situation, someone who will accept me for my flaws and still love me unconditionally. Someone who will make me laugh when I'm sad, and someone who will remind me that it's not my own but it's GOD's. And of course, I desire to be someone like my mom, who will never stop believing in the power of prayer and someone who will never stop loving the people around her. I know one day I will find my own happiness but I will never forget what my parents taught me and all of it I will surely value for the rest of my life. 

Thanks for everything Ma and Dad. I hope that this blog can send the message that I am so proud to be your daughter and that I love you both so much. I am sorry for all the times I've not been the daughter that you expected me to be... And I thank you both for accepting me as I am and for loving us unconditionally.

God has endowed every man and woman with a heart and soul. He's also the one who puts love in your heart to bind you to another. 

Happy 30th Anniversary, I pray for more years to come. I love you both! 


HONG KONG! I missed this!


Thanks for reading! Be blessed and be a blessing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment