Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 5: Are you afraid to FALL again?

Bangin Ka Ba?... Kasi Nahuhulog na ko sa'yo. 
Hahaha! 

Boom! Before any violent reactions, this pick-up line does not apply to me for the time being. I am not falling for anyone else, nor have any plans for the next 6 - 12 months. Yes, give me 12 months maximum, before I can finally say: "I am ready to mingle with the rest of the world and let's go find Mr. Right." 

I am writing this for the sole purpose that I know I am not the only one reading my blogs and I know I am not the only experiencing the same situation as well. If you think you are ready to fall in love again after a bad break-up, then GO ahead. But be sure you're doing it with the right motives and that you truly and sincerely love that other person, not because you needed someone just to help you move on. Don't be unfair and let's not use other people just for us to move on. Reality check. And yes, I am also keeping that in mind. haha!

If you are afraid to fall in love, you are not alone. Even if you have only been seriously hurt once in a relationship, you might not be able to get over it or trust someone else. But there is no reason to be afraid once you have found someone who truly deserves to be able to see you for who you really are. Once you gain back your confidence and broken spirit, you will be able to enjoy a pure, honest relationship again. But take things slow, one step at a time. As the famous song goes, "You can't hurry love, Ohhh, you just have to wait.. You see love don't come easy, it's a game of give and take." It is true, when you hurry love, you have the tendency to end up with the wrong person... AGAIN.

Understand Why You Were Hurt


It is not your fault that someone has hurt you. But it is still important to understand the situation from the other person's point of view. You are a wonderful, lovable person, and you know it. Your last boyfriend/girlfriend might simply have seen things in a different way. 

Recognize the mistakes you might have made in the past. Perhaps you were too clingy, or controlling. It is natural to have some disappointments and errors in past relationships. Don't mull over them or allow yourself to be too sad. Learn from your mistakes and develop yourself to be a better partner for someone who is more deserving and compatible to you. 

When you face the problem instead of walking away, it is much easier to handle. Believe me. What I'm doing right now - blogging, this is how I face my problem. I write what I want to say to release all the negativity and pain, I talk to people particularly my family and friends, I cry, I pray, I cry again.. and I pray harder. Reality check, we have to face the problem whatever the circumstances are. But after understanding the reason why you got hurt, LOOK at the BIGGER picture. Focus on not what is seen, but what is unseen. Set your eyes upon the author and finisher of our FAITH. God did not allow us to experience this problems simply because he wanted to punish us... He wanted us to grow, he wanted us to learn. 

Therefore, we do not lose heart. 
Though outwardly we are wasting away,
yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. 
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4: 16, 18 

Whatever it is that you are experiencing right now, it is temporary. It will definitely come to pass and when you've overcome the obstacle, you will just laugh about it and realize, there's no problem I cannot handle because I have a BIG God. :) 


GUARD your HEART <3

Do not be anxious in anything, but in everything, 
by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to GOD. 
and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4: 6-7 

When I was younger, I remember someone telling me: "Sis, guard your heart". And that time, I didn't exactly understand what he was telling me. I get his point though, but I didn't know exactly how is the process of guarding one's heart. All I know is, I am protective of my heart and my feelings, so I thought, all along I was really guarding and protecting it from getting hurt. Pero hindi rin pala. 

What do we mean then when we say, guard our hearts? Ingatan ang ating mga puso pag tayo ay nagmamahal. The easiest way that the devil can deceive us is through our mind, and when we are deceived it goes straight to your emotions or your heart. So the heart and the mind goes hand in hand. What one feels, one thinks. If we are deceived by what we see definitely, it will deceive as well our approach or our emotions towards a certain person. So we should not be caught off guard by our emotions; when you think what you're feeling is not right at the moment, immediately, brush it off. Avoid it, pray for it and seek God's wisdom and guidance for you not to make any harsh decisions. It is more than just avoiding pain, it's more on surrendering your feelings and emotions to GOD alone and allowing Him to move in your life. I believe that's the best way to guard our heart and mind from getting hurt again, when you truly surrender every bit of sorrow and pain to GOD and allow Him to move in your life - to take control. 

Take Your Time... Stay Single (for the mean time)

Amen!

You might need some time to learn how to love yourself again. Remind yourself of your best features.  Remember how special and unique you are. If your last partner verbally abused or insulted you, forget everything he has said to make you feel bad about yourself. Reinvent and rejuvenate yourself. DO it for yourself not for anyone else. 

Being single is not the end of the world. It is a great feeling when you are not attached to anyone and you can just mingle and get to know other people. But always, always put in mind that we are no longer living in the pattern of this world, we are the SALT and LIGHT, so even when it comes to dating, do not let the world take you. Dating should lead to a relationship and this relationship should eventually lead to marriage. Don't just jump from one relationship to another. Pray for it, earnestly desire it, and God will grant the desires of your heart if it is part of His will. Just keep on seeking God's kingdom and everything else will be added unto you. 

But don't ever be afraid to fall in love again. Love is still the best feeling we could ever feel because we are made out of love, our creator is the perfect epitome of LOVE. God is love and love is God. Falling in love and taking the risk is part of life, don't be afraid to embrace it when it is time. Just don't hurry, enjoy life. Experience LIFE. Don't come chasing after love, LOVE will definitely find its way to you. If its for you, its for you... No one can ever take that away from you. :) 


A blessed Sunday to everyone! Thanks for reading!
Be blessed and be a Blessing! 


*http://www.truelovedirect.com/are-you-afraid-to-fall-in-love-how-to-lose-your-inhibitions*

No comments:

Post a Comment