Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 10: When it RAINS, it POURS

God said, "Test me on this!"

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.
"Test me on this," says the Lord Almighty, "And see if I will not throw open the 
floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have enough room for it. 
- Malachi 3:10



I will not be writing about giving nor tithing, but rather I will be writing about BLESSINGS. In our everyday lives, how often do we feel blessed? How often do we feel that we are so thankful that we are alive? How often do we receive the blessings coming from God? Do we really feel that we are blessed? Well, if your answer to this certain question is NO, better think again... The fact that you are still alive and kicking, is enough reason to be thankful. :)

For the past 5 months that I've been here in Jeddah, I have been asking God, "Lord, what is your purpose on why I am here?". Honestly, finding a permanent job here in Jeddah was not as easy as I thought it will be. I even reached the point of depression, thinking that I will never find a job here and all I wanted to do was give up and go back home. But then again, God always reminds me that His ways are higher than my ways, and his thoughts are higher than my thoughts... There are a lot of things that I myself cannot control, only God can. Truly God will move in ways that are beyond our control, and all we can say is... God, You are so great. Thank You for blessing me much more than I deserve!


National Guard :)
They say, PATIENCE is a virtue. And yes, it is true. God really taught me how to be patient knowing that I am very impatient by nature. He taught me that by waiting upon Him and His perfect will for me, I will be more prepared when blessings come. And yes, it is true, at the most unexpected times... at the lowest points in my life where I really felt neglected, depressed, frustrated, and abandoned... That's when God worked in my life mightily. That's when He showed me that "Hey, believe in me and I will show you great and mighty things."

All along I thought I will never find a permanent job here in Jeddah, but God is great. He is so good to me because just when I'm about to give up, He blessed me with a promise of a future. Of a good future here in Jeddah. He gave me National Guard... and then there's King Faisal waiting on the other end as well. I am so blessed. Truly, when it rains, it will pour. When you are faithful to his word, he will pour down all the blessings that you cannot even contain. He will shower you with love that you cannot even imagine. Right now, all I can mutter is a word of praise and thanksgiving to our God because truly he is able and he will never fail us. He never sleeps, he has perfect timing for everything. :)

Remember this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly,
and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
And God is able to make all grace bound to you, 
so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, 
you will abound in every good work. 
- 2 Corinthians 9: 6, 8 


Thanks for reading!

Be blessed and be a blessing! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment