Sunday, November 27, 2011

Maikling Kuwento

The One That Got Away

"It's now or never." the words just came out of Jeremy's mouth. He was afraid to take the risk but was more afraid to lose Sarah. He was sweating all over while anxiously waiting for her response.
Silence. Deafening silence.

"The least you could do is tell me something." Jeremy muttered while trying to hide the tears falling from his eyelids. He knew that this will be the last time that he will see her again. And just the thought of it makes him want to hug her tight and never let go.  

"I can't." 

Finally, she said something. Jeremy looked straight in her eyes and all he can see is emptiness. Like as if the feelings are not there. It's as if the person standing right next to him is a complete stranger. He knew this would be the end of everything that he'd worked hard for six years. 
He knew that she was leaving. And this time, it's definitely for good. 

*********
"I'd love to go to the movies with you." Sarah said without hesitations. She was smiling all over and it appears to him that she is excited.
"I would be honored. So I'll pick you up at 7?" Jeremy asked. 
"Yes!" Sarah blurted out as she was running out of breath chasing her school bus. "I can't chat right now, just call me! See you!" 
And with just a blink of an eye, she's gone. But it doesn't bother Jeremy. Not even an inch. This girl that he's been dreaming of ever since they were Freshmen finally agreed to go out with him. He felt like he was the luckiest guy on earth. 
 
And maybe he was. 

*********

"I love you. I know I may not tell this to you everyday, but my feelings never changed. It just grows more and more each day. You don't deserve any of this." Sarah was wiping the tears from her eyes, she knew that Jeremy was in pain. And this was all her fault. 

"I'm sorry, please forgive me." she muttered. 
He was angry. He can't explain the mixed emotions that his feeling right now. All he can think of was he loved her so much but she took him for granted. 

He wanted to shout and leave. But there's this part in him that makes him want to stay. He loves her, more than she loves him. He was willing to take the pain all away and make amends. 

Jeremy wiped the tears from Sarah's eyes. "I love you." was the only word he can tell her right now. And he hugged her tight. He never wanted to let go. 
 ..... to be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment